The Carbon Management System
Since 2011, Ansaldo STS has implemented and renewed its commitment to reduce the greenhouse gas emissions produced directly and indirectly in the performance of its activities by applying the carbon management system (CMS), a system that enables it to monitor the carbon emission improvement process. This entails a planning, implementation and measurement process for emission reduction goals. An efficient carbon management policy will enable the company to reduce emissions, decrease consumption and reduce energy costs, thereby improving its budget, with the possibility of investing the savings in other areas.
The CMS has been developed in line with the relevant international standards. This system enables the company to perform:
- analyses of actual emissions produced;
- monitoring and reporting on emissions by type (Scope I, Scope II and Scope III);
- comparisons between historical data and forward-looking analyses;
- an assessment of the impact of products, in terms of emissions over their entire life cycle;
- economic/environmental analyses in relation to current regulations on emission reduction to determine assets’ potential value at risk;
- the measurement of the effectiveness of emission reduction projects;
- communications on Ansaldo STS’ emission reduction performance with the concerned parties, media, investors, rating agencies and other organisations.