Ansaldo STS’ strategy
Ansaldo STS is committed to maintaining and developing a series of distinctive abilities and expertise that create value and guarantee long-lasting company growth over time. This commitment can be seen in the company’s three strategic trajectories:
- Selectivity: focus on markets where it has a strong competitive position. Ansaldo STS’ growth is the result of a continuous process beginning with its awareness of its positioning and competitive edge, the identification of market opportunities in relation to its competitive levers and their translation into action plans. This process has led to the definition of strategic markets – the domestic market and the areas in which the company has a significant, recognised presence, as well as markets presenting growth opportunities, by focussing on large projects with low overheads.
- Innovation: focus on innovation as a lever to gain competitive edge for long-term growth. Ansaldo STS’ innovation strategy to increase turnover is based on improving the products it currently offers customers and differentiating its product portfolio to expand the offer, extending its business model by offering complementary services that meet its customers’ specific needs (management and maintenance activities) and meeting the specific needs of customers given their particular geographical situations (complex areas with low traffic volumes), offering cutting-edge satellite technology solutions.
- Flexibility and efficiency: maintain its competitive edge by optimising the business model with a focus on the flexibility of the offer and operating efficiency. Efficiency is one of the strategic levers in which Ansaldo STS invests to bolster its competitive position and ensure excellence in the performance of activities. To pursue these aims, it has launched an improvement programme that covers all company areas and exploits the opportunities arising from its global organisation.
In order to ensure the implementation of all efficiency initiatives, and, in general, all strategic initiatives, Ansaldo STS has developed an Action Implementation Monitoring (AIM)system. Through AIM, the following have been defined:
- the definition process for action and monitoring plans;
- the governance rules to ensure the frequency of review meetings focused on initiatives and the identification of any corrective action in the event of critical areas;
- tools to support management of the initiatives.
- completeness: having a consistent, updated picture of all initiatives underway;
- consistency: doing what has been proposed and following up on it until implementation;
- initiatives explicitly linked to company plans.