Ansaldo STS is aware of the fact that carrying out its business in social, environmental and cultural contexts that often differ widely requires a commitment to pursue the common goal of sustainable economic development in terms of the direct consequences that its business could have and its spheres of influence.
Ansaldo STS’ environmental policy is based on the application of UNI EN ISO 14001:2004 requirements and those of other relevant international standards, total compliance with applicable domestic and international legislation, developing a programme focused on the continuous improvement of environmental standards. The policy is shared with all Ansaldo STS personnel and all concerned parties online and via the company intranet.
Internally, in line with its mission, Ansaldo STS involves all personnel in the reduction and control of the environmental impact of its business, by clearly defining objectives and accountability. In this way, Ansaldo STS aims to be recognised as one of the best companies for the safeguarding and protection of the environment.
Ansaldo STS undertakes to:
- sustainably manage natural resources and energy, enhancing their use and devoting specific attention to reducing waste;
- improve its activities to reduce its overall environmental impact in terms of greenhouse gas emissions;
- comply with the legal requirements applicable to its processes by formalising procedures that foster awareness of the relevant legislative framework;
- prevent environmental pollution;
- identify significant direct and indirect environmental aspects for its office and work sites to control and monitor their impact on the environment;
- involve and update personnel, suppliers and subcontractors on environmental issues;
- improve environmental performance by achieving benchmarks and objectives that are increasingly ambitious, in line with technological developments in the sector and the budget;
- define indicators to facilitate performance monitoring;
- begin open dialogue with the public authorities, communities and the public to understand real environmental impact and collaborate on updating environmental regulations;
- prepare the annual Sustainability Report, as the essential tool for informing and communicating steps taken and planned to protect ecosystems and minimise environmental impact in both qualitative and quantitative terms.