Health and Safety policy
Ansaldo STS’ health and safety in the workplace policy is based on the application of the requirements of relevant standards, namely OHSAS 18001:2007, and other international standards, in total compliance with national and international regulations. Ansaldo STS develops a plan focused on continuously improving health and safety standards.
For health and safety, Ansaldo STS undertakes to:
- ensure and maintain a safe and healthy workplace environment and prevent injuries, illnesses or damage to the health of employees, suppliers, customers and visitors;
- extend OHSAS 18001 certification to all Ansaldo STS sites, continuously improving the effectiveness of the health and safety in the workplace management system;
- continuously improve the aforementioned management systems’ performance, not only with respect to the prevention of injuries and work-related illnesses, but also in terms of more general employees’ wellbeing;
- adopt risk assessment criteria for all dangers relating to work activities which, in compliance with national and international legislation, also consider best practices;
- increase the training and updating of all employees in order to make them increasingly aware of the risks related to their activities;
- continue developing activities to spread a culture of safety with all suppliers and concerned parties.
The policy is shared with all Ansaldo STS personnel and all concerned parties online and via the company intranet.